Wednesday, October 15, 2014

T.R.O.T.



My name is Joshua Pauley and I am proud to announce my partnership with Trail Racing Over Texas (TROT).  Every great story begins with someone taking a chance and believing in someone else and that is what we have here.

I met Rob Goyen in February at my very first trail race. I think we had crossed paths via Facebook prior to the race and I knew to keep an eye out for him. As I was on my final 10 mile loop I ran through an aid station and there was a guy cheering me on – Rob Goyen. I stopped momentarily to shake his hand and introduce myself and he told me to get on my way. Since then we have had countless conversations about dreams and plans, him and his Ultra Sports Live crew have visited and broken bread with Mary and I, and now he has asked me to join his team and support his dream as well.

A partnership with TROT means a couple of different things to me. It means that I get the pleasure of representing a team which is something greater than myself. And it also means that maybe my goals are a little bit more attainable and realistic. And lastly but probably the most important a sponsorship by TROT means that someone believes in me. With just over a month until JFK 50 this is great timing. You can checkout the TROT website here:http://www.trailracingovertexas.com/team-t-r-o-t/ . And you can also checkout the races they put on at: http://www.brazosbend100.com/.

I have been incredibly blessed and I aim to make the most of it and not waste the gifts that I have been given. 

“I do not yet know what I am capable of. But if I am ever going to explore the limits of my own capabilities  then I must be uncomfortable and desperate. Running facilitates discomfort and desperateness – and that is why I love to run. For the pursuit of limits and discomfort.”

No comments:

Post a Comment